It’s been a busy time for IOST over the last 2 weeks. We launched our official Tokyo office and added two new full-time members to the IOST Japan Team, entered into partnerships with two companies, gave keynotes at blockchain conferences in Copenhagen and Philadelphia, and much more! Our CDO Kevin Tan also released a long form technical explanation of how IOST is building a better blockchain. Read on for a full update on everything IOST!
JIMMY TO SPEAK AT GLOBAL B7 CEO SUMMIT
IOST CEO Jimmy Zhong will represent IOST at Blockchain Seoul 2018 next monday, opening the event with the Global B7 CEO Summit. The B7 Summit brings together the CEO’s of 7 of the world’s most powerful blockchain projects including IOST, Icon and Tezos. Sponsored by Seoul Metropolitan Government and organized by Money Today Group, Korea Blockchain Association, ZDNet, and the Presidential Committee on the Fourth Industrial Revolution of the Republic of Korea, Blockchain Seoul 2018 will be one of most important blockchain events of 2018!
TOKYO OFFICE AND JAPANESE EXPANSION
One of our key objectives over the past two weeks was aggressive expansion of IOST’s presence in Japan. We are happy to announce the opening of an official IOST Tokyo Office, located in the international Blink Smart Office workplace!
Additionally, we are very excited to announce two new additions to the IOST Japan team: Makoto Ota, who will be leading Business Development in the Japanese market and Kanna Sato, who will be the Community Manager for IOST in Japan. Both have extensive experience in Japan’s tech startup ecosystem and are invaluable additions as we expand IOST operations in Japan.
COPENHAGEN TECH FESTIVAL
IOST hosted a workshop with Reebo at the Copenhagen Tech Festival this past weekend covering the topic of the effects of societal norms on large-scale blockchain adoption. The Copenhagen Tech Festival is a 4-day event sponsored by the Danish government that partners with tech startups to explore the societal impact of new technologies. IOST European Lead Leeho Lim was interviewed at the event – you can read the full article here.
US GROWTH LEAD GIVES KEYNOTE AT COINVENTION
IOST Growth Lead Simon moderated a panel of top crypto influencers and gave a stellar keynote at Coinvention in Philadelphia last weekend!
His speech covered careers in the crypto industry and explained how the increasing interest and investment from major businesses portends great things to come and shows that the current blockchain bubble pop is very different than tulip fever
NEW PARTNERSHIP – CODE CHRYSALIS
IOST has entered into a partnership with the offline tech school “Code Chrysalis” which provides an intensive coding bootcamp for engineers. The school was opened last year and has already attracted major attention for its successes. IOST is will be working with Code Chrysalis to launch blockchain coding courses very soon!
NEW PARTNERSHIP – GINCO
We are excited to announce our partnership with Ginco, one of Japan’s most popular cryptocurrency wallets. IOST will be added to their digital wallet following the launch of our mainnet and in the meantime we will be co-hosting an event in Tokyo with their team and working with them to spread blockchain awareness in Japan!
MORE TECH ARTICLES FROM THE TEAM!
IOST Co-Founder and CDO Kevin Tan published a long form technical explanation on Hackernoon of what IOST is aiming to achieve. You can read his article on how IOST is building a better blockchain here.
IOST Core Engineer and first employee Pejian He took time out from developing the second iteration of IOST’s Testnet to speak about his experience with IOST and the blockchain industry. You can read his interview here.
IOST FEATURED IN TOP KOREAN MEDIA
Financial News, a major Korean economics newspaper, released a print article about DApps and ecosystem building progress.
The article introduced IOST and Bluehill’s achievements as exemplary building practices and also comments on Lakao, Upbit and other platform projects. It’s great to see IOST getting covered in traditional media!
- Consensus Protocol
- [Receipt] Receipt bug fixed, added receipt store endpoints and tests
- [Txpool] Added transaction deletion endpoints and related tests
- [Voting] Voting design and specs reviewed
- [Block] Block head reconstructed, signature moved from block head to body
- [PoB] Modified broadcast logic, made Block Head broadcast first
- [Genesis] Receipt added in genesis block
- [Genesis] Dynamic creation of genesis block WIP
- [Stress Tests] Running stably under large volume parallel transactions (10000ms intervals), various performance metrics optimized after tests
- [Crypto Module] Crypto module tests added, with comparison of two cryptography algorithms
- [Locks] Fixed MVCC locks bug
- [Storage Layer] Refactored storage, RocksDB backend integration finished
- P2P Network
- [Network & Log Lib] Optimized network and log libraries
- [iServer] iServer refactored & optimized for local build & run
- Virtual Machine
- [V8VM] Console log library supported in IOST V8VM
- [V8VM] ObjectBuffer of V8VM implemented, precomputation logic refactored
- [RPC] JSON support added in RPC module
- [Block Explorer] Data model layer finished, DB interaction finished
- [Demo Game] Testnet demo game backend finished
- [Endpoints] JS endpoints of V8VM largely improved, RequireAuth and CallWithReceipt added
The last two weeks were certainly a busy period for IOST with new developments and activity around the world. There are also many exciting events on the horizon for IOST including the launch of our upgraded Testnet, the upcoming release of the CryptoHeroes beta, and the soon to be announced BERM Protocol! You can stay up to date on all things IOST by following us on social media and joining the conversation!